Monday, February 13, 2006

Pies, pi and pai

Side note: why do those 3 words all sound the same, even when it means different things and are written differently?

Pie's here are what kolo mee is to Kuching. Cheap, cheerful, filling and easily avalible. Also the staple of Ang Mo's for lunch.

I'm serious. Some of these Ang Mo's eat pie's for lunch! I suppose that there are some people eating kolo mee for lunch, but they are a minority. But you can't go anywhere here without bumping into a pie shop!

So what's a financally limited Malaysian student to do when it's lunch hour, and everyone around him is eating, and he's hungry. But these cafe's everone seems to be eating in charges AT LEAST NZ$6 for a tiny meal?

He goes and find somewhere cheap of course! And where else is cheap here than a pie shop?



I didn't notice the funny slogan b4 I walked in. I walked in coz the prices of the pie's were quite cheap. It was only after I walked out to see the shop name did I see the GREAT line. "Buy one or we'll both starve"!



Its a take away. They wrap your pie in paper.

The pies are quite cheap. I chose a egg and bacon filling pie coz it was the cheapest, at NZ$ 2.50. If anyone can show me a cheaper place to eat in Howick, I'm more than happy to know. Just drop me a line. :)


How the pie looks like. Its quite big, and VERY filling!


Say Ahh!!!!!!

Yeah. So pies are (relatively) cheap, filling and great. But, I MISS KOLO MEE!!!!!

Wanted: a nice steaming bowl of kolo mee in New Zealand. Fresh from the pot. Think u can do it? Contact me! Call 0800-KOLOMEE! Or email me at my email!

No comments: