Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Me in Auckland!

I'm in Auckland!

I cant write much, coz I don't have me much time. I've been demoted to dial-up. From unlimited broadband. Dial-up is slow, but it ain't that great here coz I'm quite literary at the end of the world. I'm at the last stop to the south pole! (Acctually, its Dunedin.)

I just landed yesterday, after the 10 hrs flight from KL. It wasn't that great. Didn't get much sleep on the plane, so I've been a bit worn out. My body clock is stuck on Malaysian time. while its 11.17am as I type this, its barely 6.17am at home. non of u guys will even be remotely awake!

Its summer here, but summer is relative. The people here are walking around in shorts, but I'm wearing 2 layers of clothes indoors. It wasnt too bad when I landed yesterday, where it was quite warm and pleasant, but now its quite cold. And this is during the day. By night the temp drops rapidly! Its around 23-25C during the day, but I have no idea how cold is it at night. I`d say maybe 20C or lower.

Its different here. In kuching, we just wear whatever we want. We can wear the same thing the whole day, in or out of the house. But here, everytime I even step out of the house, I have to put on a long sleeve. Then when I come in I have to take everthing off again. Now I understand the importance of coat habgers here!

Its quite dry here. It "rained" this morning, but it was as good as a drizzle by kuching standards. I have to put all the moisturies and lip balm(lip gloss) to keep my skin cracking up. Despite the rain, its no more humid.

I've taken a few pics, but with dial up charges insane (NZ$ 1 for 1 hr, which works out to Rm2.6/hour!), I`m limited to text.

Thanks to all who came to visit me on the first and second day of chinese new year. My thanks espically to Adrian who came all the way to the airport to see me off. i'm afraid I dont have time to send out emails, even bulk, so any communication will be through this blog.

The shout out box is at the left, so anything plz shout out. I cant log into friendster here yet, to manage my accounts. I seem
to have some problems with my jaring email, so plz use the one shown on the "Mah contact"
link at the top.


My MSN is at . Plz use it only for MSN, as I usually dont check the mail, and most of the mail ends up in the spam area anyway. Sorry for the image. its to prevent spam.


Contacting me could be difficult, as NZ is 5 hrs ahead in time. So if its 6.30pm Kuching time, its 11.30pm here! I'll most probably be asleep when most of u guys get online!

I miss home, and the chinese new year festivities. No more Ang Pows!

No comments: