Saturday, February 04, 2006

Me, myself and Ang Mo’s


While the Ang Mo’s hide during the “hot” afternoon sun……….


I’m sitting under the sun trying to get some heat!



The difference!

I’m still tired and a bit sick from the flight over here, so this post will be more filled with pictures than I hoped. Saves me from typing a lot of words. Hey, a picture is worth a thousand words rite?

Its summer her now in NZ. “summer” is relative. While the Ang Mo’s (and naturalized non-ang mo’s) are walking around in shorts and thin T-shirts, I cant even think of even walking around in shorts! Its freezing! Yet, my “summer” school uniform calls for short shorts!

It isn’t so much as the sun as the wind. The sun is strong enough to keep anyone warm. It’s the wind that’s the problem. The wind is always cold! Its never warm. So when the wind blows on you, which is like everytime u step out of the house, u freeze!

Freezing is also relative to the time of the day. In the mornings, It’s the ice age until around 9.30am, b4 things start to heat up. The weather stays relatively warm until 7pm. After that, it starts to get cold. The sun only sets at 8.15pm here! Since we are in summer, its long days and short nites. The sun can come cracking above the horizon as early as 5am! Bloody hell, cant a guy get any sleep around here?

I’ve got a sore throat and a bit sick. Humidity is low. Yet, if u live here u need to wipe the sink everytime u use it. The sink can grow moldy quickly, coz its made out of wood (The surrounding of the toilet sink, not the washbasin it self). There is never a problem of wet toilets here, coz its so dry, it just takes 10 mins for a wet shower area to dry up! Girls who need dry public toilets will love this place! Oh, and their public toilets are as clean as those in the 4 star hotels in kuching. Yet, there are all FREE!

Anyway, random shots of NZ:


Rubbish trucks in NZ. Click for bigger view



How much does milo cost? EXPENSIVE!



An empty road. Heading south.

Shots are resized for bandwith limitations. I’m still on a dial up!

No comments: