In my previous postings, I said much about Indians. Last year I went on at great length about my experiences living with a Mainland Chinese. But now that I think about it, at least the MC left me alone to sleep in peace, for all his maddening stunts. The Indians drive you insane day and night.
Music and sound
For some strange reason, Indians think the optimum time (I do calculus) to play their wailing and moaning Bollywood music is 1 am. I'm not joking. Then you have the Muslims with their equally ear-drum shattering music. Honestly, sometimes it takes all my self-restraint to crank up Nami Tamaki's "Reason" to full on my Altec Lansing speakers to drown them out. The only thing stopping me is my fathers advise: "Two wrongs do not make a right".
People who say "Just tell them to
Why do you think I never do karaoke?
It just reinforces my perception that Asian's can't be educated. I'll give you more proof. here in Brisbane, some of the bus stops in the city (heading out) have been moved recently, due to the construction of the Inner Busway. So they put up signs, notices both in the papers and the place, saying "This bus stop will be closed. The new one is this way". On the day of the switch, the old bus stop was empty. Down the road, the people were waiting for the bus in the new bus stop. Just like that.
Back home, they've made Gambier St into a one way road. Well known. The change was well announced in the papers. But you still get the no-so occasional Ah Beng going down the wrong way down Gambier St. Why? WHY?! Why are Asian's so hard to educate? (keep in mind I'm also one.........)
What is your's is mine. What is mine is mine
The internet was knocked out for a 3 weeks not too long ago, after we hit the limit. Close friends will know how I almost died. The problem with Australia and New Zealand is all their broadband is capped. You only can download a certain limit of data per month. Unlimited plans don't really exist. But Telstra is worst. BOTH your upload and download data is counted to our 30GB/month cap. And when you hit the limit, your connection is cut off for the rest of the month unless you pay $20/GB for the data over your limit. Yes, I hate telstra.
Now 30GB/month might seem a lot. It is, if you are one person using it and paying $200/month. But over 10 people? Each person should get 3GB/month, or we all average about 1GB/day.
I will be honest. I have been keeping that 120MB/day (3GB / 30 days) limit well. I know, because I have a meter which tracks my usage. But the owner came in yesterday, at 9am, and we looked at the meeter, and we had used 1.2GB already! From 12am to 9am, some selfish sod had used up more than one days of our quota!
Now the problem is, no one wants to own up. When you ask if they've been downloading anything, they all claim it wasn't them. Short of employing torture that violates the Geneva convention, I don't think we'd get a answer either. So morale get's low. People start thinking "There is no point me keeping to my limit, when someone will just drain the quota. Might as well go full blast and download
Washing at the kitchen (oh oh, yeah yeah)
Now, doing a roster to deal with the (literary) dirty task of washing up sounds nice. But you're making the assumption that people will follow it. Oh yes, when I first moved in, there was a roster. I was on a Friday shift.
But then the Indians started slacking off. Remember my KCCNNB moment? The Indians started shifting the burden to other people, under the excuse of A)work (one of the guys here has 3 jobs.Bastard) B)exams C)Assignments. So they would come up to whoever has unfortunate enough to be in the kitchen, tell them it was (apparently) their turn this week, to wash the 5 day old cups with petri-dish milk. Eventually we got the hang of what they were doing, so we just didnt bother. And this is I'm scared to go to the kitchen. I will never walk into there barefoot. The floor is dirty and sticky. The smell of 5 day old milk, 3 day old curry, 7 day old dhal is overpowering. Try telling them to clean up? They will claim it wasn't theirs. Now I know where the we-send-you-in-circles public service staff came from.
AND DONT ASK ME TO WASH UP. If I do, 4 days later the sink will be back with 3 day old plates, utensils and cups. I AM NOT A SERVANT! I did consider asking them to pay me to clean up, but obviously they'd rather eat dinner with flies and 6 day old fermenting rice in the kitchen than to pay me $10 a day.
I came from the multi-cultural country. I'm well aware of many cultures. I am not racist, unlike Hisham. But if you act like this, how else can I conclude about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment