So, here I am back in Auckland. Its still winterm through we have passed the cold snap, and we should be warming up soon enough. Hopefully.
its been bitterly cold since I arrived back here. With rain, wind and fog, it was terrible to say the least. Walking to school in the rain is NOT fun. And walking in 80km/h hour winds is not just hard, its also bitterly cold. The weird thing is, today, Saturday, the weather is fine! There is sun, through not much heat, there is barely a cloud in the sky, and its a nice day to go out! But the annoying wind is still there. I really hate wind. If there was no wind it'll be bearable. With wind it just blows all the heat away!
I've just moved into my new place. Its by the beach, so it isnt too bad. The air is fresh, through the wind is annoying. The view is great really, public transport is so-so, but I'm still trying to settle into this place. I'm sharing this place with 5 other people. $ of us are sharing the internet connection. So its damn slow to say the least. And for some reason it keeps dying during night time here. So sorry guys; if you ever chat with me, and see that I keep dissapearing, its the connection again.
The annoying part is WE (yes, there is another techie in this house!) cant figure out why the network keeps konking out. The modem and router lights are all fine. The status pages are ok. Its just like it dies suddently, and we have to reboot the entire system. And when 4 computers get on at the same time after the reset, the DHCP in the law-see dlink modem AND router cant cope, and it crashes again.
This is why, never get Dlink products. Espically this:
The dlink 302-G
This modem is the biggest load of crap that has ever been made. Not only it contributes to the DDos'ing of time servers, it CANT handle UDP connections at all. Heck, it cant even handle too many tcp connections! Useless for BT, hopeless in all but the most basic of p2p apps, and cant tahan 4 people online!
get an aztech. Mine works VERY well.
Anyway, the next few posts will be more like a picture post. I took some nice ones both in Kuching and on the way here. Once we have a stable internet connection.
Shout out, people!
1 comment:
dey.... dun insult the router i'm using. Its handling streamyx well hahahaha ... at the very least for mine , WKAKAKAKAKA
--feanor--
Post a Comment