scared you guys did I?
Well, its not much of a joke that I can no longer update my blog until the middle of this month. So I have to issue my appologies. All further updates of this blog will be mostly text, and limited to semi-important issues.
The reason is time and bandwith. Both of which I dont have much control over. I have A TON of stuff to blog about thats backlogged in my drafts, but I cannot do them.
And school takes no1 pirority over anything else. I came here to study, and I'm jolly well going to do that with all my strength. There are tons of interesting things in NZ, and even more things online to blog about. But I fear that this may not be possible. Work has to be done first.
So time is a constraint. And it can get tiring blogging when all i want is to plop down on my bed at the end of a tiring and hetic day.
And the biggest obsticle is BANDWITH. I do not have broadband speeds anymore. not until the end of this month.
WARNING:ANTI-TELECOM NZ RANT AHEAD
The thing about "broadband" (BB) here, is there are data limits imposed on each line. The biggest data cap here is 20GB given by telecom. (telecom here refers to telecom NZ, not telekom malaysia). I am on a 10 GB cap.
Sounds like a lot? well... no. No1, the 10 GB cap includes your UPLOAD bandwith! So everytime I email, skype, MSN, update this blog, I'm contributing to the 10GB limit! As you can see in my image heavy posts of Downtown Auckland, that ammount of images I uploaded was alot. 3MB in fact! Plus my uploading of files to people, it all added up!
And I'm sharing this connection with 3 people. So 10/3 gives me 3.33GB of data/month, including upload! Thats hardly anything, and with a 1 Mbit connection, can easily hit it in less than a month! I admit, I was quite busy dloading stuff, but it was coz I wanted to get BT to work. And no, they still bloody block BT here! Yet, we still managed to hit the damn limit!
And what happens when we hit it? We go back to 56k speeds! YES! I'm now sharing a 56k connection with THREE PEOPLE! Imagine the horror! Skype on a 56K aint that great, imagine 2 people on skype at the same time!
So we have made some adjustments, meaning that I wouldnt get on when others have to use it. But even if I'm on alone, the speeds are SLOW! ArAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moral of the story: No matter how bad/slow/terrible TMNET is, at least u guys have true unlimited BB there! Here there are NO unlimited plans. And even if there are (supposedly) 3 BB players here, they charge almost the same thing, so not much point. No body gives a bigger data cap for the same price of less!
The data counter is reset on the 15th of every month. So its slow speeds until the middle of the month.
I miss TMNET.........................................................................
No comments:
Post a Comment