Thursday, March 23, 2006

Auckland, Part 5, the final

Got to get this out of the way anyway.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Its not everyday that I take a pic of a jamban. Even rarer is a pic of a space age looking toilet. I'm serious. This jamban is nothing like I've even seen. Its not just clean. Its amazing! Even the taps are space age looking, the sinks have interesting designs, heck, even the toilet bowl you dont need to press anything. And its all slef cleaning!

Ooops, too much information eh?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Time lap exposure of the train tracks in the train station. Came out quite good, coz it was quite dark and I wasnt sure if it'll come out. Nice eh? Even the train tracks are nice!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Outside view of the bus station, which is also the train station. Damn new, and futuristic looking. looms like Japanese arcitecture through: lost of glass.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is just the main building through. Its criss crossed by tons of roads for the busses. The entire place is HUGE! And at least they have a centralised bus and train terminal, which is more than I can say for Malaysian public transport.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
What a busstop in the station looks like. Clean, glass to keep the heat and protect you from the wind. And a digital display that shows you how ling you have to wait b4 the next bus comes!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Dunno why digital cameras hate digital displays.

Its quite accurate! My bus came just 30 secs after the display said "arrived". They tell you (up to 45 mins) how long to wait b4 the next bus comes. SO you dun waste time waiting for a bus that'll never come.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Last shot of Auckland city as I head back to the subrubs. Good bye central Auckland.

Now, can we get back to normal postings?

No comments: